Buckwheat Rice & Peas
(Serving size family of 5 with leftovers)
- 8 cups of water
- 13.5 ounces of coconut cream
- 16 ounces of frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces of buckwheat (you can increase the ratio of buckwheat to rice)
- 4 cups of jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Add oil to pot on medium heat
- Add garlic and green peas to oil and stir. Cover pot for about 2 minutes.
- Add salt, rosemary, water and coconut cream to pot. Cover pot to allow everything to boil.
- After 5 minutes, add rice and buckwheat to the pot and allow to come to boil again. Lower to medium low heat and keep the pot covered. Cook until rice and buckwheat grains are tender.