Spaghetti Squash and Creamy Cashew Sauce
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup of cashews soaked in water over night
- 4 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tbsp of dry
- 2 tbsp of dry or fresh parsley
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 10 ounces of tomato paste
- 4 cups of water
- Rinse squash and cut in half.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of oil on one half of the squash.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp on the other squash half.
- Make sure all inside is covered with oil. You may have to use a cooking brush to spread the oil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of sea salt on each squash halves
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of garlic granules on each squash halves
- Place Squash halves on a baking sheet with inside facing down.
- Bake at 375 for about 30-45 min until shell is tender, Allow to cool once cooked
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to sauce pan on medium heat
- Add garlic, bell peppers and onions stirring once or twice.
- Add tomatoes to pan after 2 Minutes
- Add 4 cups of water and tomato paste
- Bring to a boil and add 1/2 tbsp of salt
- Add cashews and continue to boil for 5 min. (If making for children, make sure soaked cashews are very soft or take half of the tomato sauce and puree with soaked cashews and add back to sauce pan)
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer
- Use a spoon to scoop cooked squash from shell and place in bowl (save shell)
- In a skillet add 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat
- Toss spaghetti squash in oil and add parsley
- Turn heat down to low
- Spoon squash back in shells and top with cashew sauce!